Friday, September 9, 2011
Where Were You When The Towers Fell
September 11, 2001 where were you? I was a home school mom in 2001. I was holding classes at the kitchen table with five of my children. My oldest, who had already graduated, was watching TV in the other room, when he ran into the kitchen saying, "You better come in here, something has happened." The urgency in his voice told me I needed to come right away. I came into the living room and saw a replay of the first tower being struck. We thought it was a plane crash. I was saying, "Oh those poor people." We watched in horror as the story unfolded right before our eyes.
My husband and another son were in Baltimore working and I can remember frantically calling them to come home. My husband thought I was over reacting and decided to stay on the job.
I was in shear panic mode. I was trying to call our daughter in Washington, DC, but I couldn't get a call through. I was calling all of my family. One by one I reached them all, and thank God none of them were harmed.
I had friends in Manhattan that we didn't hear from for days, but even they made it out unscathed. But oh, the thousands who didn't make it out. How tragic! I couldn't believe it then and I sure don't believe it now.
How could this happen here? A question that will ring through my mind for my entire life. But, do we have anymore security now than then? We have regulations, yes, but don't the terrorists manage to find ways around them? My father-in-law used to say, "A lock only keeps an honest man out." This is a true statement. If a thief wants in, he will get around the lock.
All of the security measures in the world will not stop these people who want to kill. They will find a way around eventually. What do we do to stop these atrocities? Do we close our borders to some people? Do we teach more patriotism? Do we need a more Christian society? I say yes to all three. I do not hate anyone. I just want my children and grandchildren to have a safe place to live. Let's bring back the words right and wrong. Quit worrying about offending those who hate us. God bless the USA and all those who ernestly work for freedom and justice.
KJ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment